Warhammer Online: Rush to wait, wait to rush ...

I've been playing the headstart for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning the past few days, and the experience reminds me of when I used to go to the Singapore Aerospace expos as a kid:

Fun, but long queues.

How long? 45 minutes to get into my realm. I can start logging in, go have dinner, and still make it back in time to watch my place in queue tick down to 1. Just tonight, in the middle of scenario, the game crashed, and that was basically it for the whole night's gaming, as queuing again to get into the server would have taken another hour.

As for the fun part, well, if you're familiar with the Warhammer tabletop games (which I've played casually, though my experience is more with their niche products in the historical gaming branch, namely Warhammer Ancient Battles and Warmaster Ancients) the rowdy, fun atmosphere is evident. Of course, bear in mind I am playing an Orc: the other races and starting areas are distinctly darker and moodier. The Dark Elf starting area, in particular, makes me want to scream "Get over it!" to all the NPCs, who look like a bunch of rejects from the local Emo/Goth tribe. And don't get me started on the Chaos starting area ... it's ... dark to say the least.

Comments

Popular Posts