Sunny day photoshoot!

Today was a sunny day so I dug out some miniatures for a photoshoot.

First off were the Romano-British:

I love the shield designs on Romano-British figures - a mix of orderly designs inherited from the last days of the Western Roman Empire, and some barbarian designs from the germanic tribes. The Romano-British army has a nice visual balance of order and regularity with some standout visual elements to add some spice.




Then the Sarmatians: serried ranks of long spears are always visually impressive on a wargaming table (though they do make handling difficult). Also, the Sarmatians get a draco standard, which is always fun. I recall I made this one out of a section of plastic tube and some thick foil.



And the Late Imperial Roman Legions: I'm quite proud of the Imago I painted for this standard bearer, which was quite difficult to do at this scale. Again, for the LIR there is a nice mix of orderly and ranked troops in shining armour as well as some interesting shield designs with the religious iconography

Draco standards are always fun: they stick out above the bases and are great focal points for a unit.



Some failed attempts: we had some dry ice from a food delivery, and I thought I might be able to achieve a foggy early morning look - I was imagining a scene with legions striding out of the misty forests. Unfortunately, at this scale (15mm figures) the wispy strands of the CO2 from the dry ice look far too large:








Comments

Popular Posts