More Battletech painting: Awesome and Nova Cats

A few more painting updates: first, the Awesome AWS-PB. This one isn't strictly canonical as it comes from Mechwarrior Online, but the hotrod paint scheme with flames was too unique to not paint up.


In a similar vein, I decided to start a second Star of Clan Nova Cat, this time featuring the unique paint scheme of Alpha Galaxy. One minor problem: the paint scheme is described in text as black with a stream of blue stars in the centre torso, but all of the examples I've seen posted on the internet have a stream of white stars on a blue torso. In the end, I decided to follow not the letter of the law but the law of  beauty (or the Rule of Cool) and go with the most common interpretation, painting a grey-black based fading into a vibrant blue centre with a scattering of brilliant white stars. I suspect that, as written, the original paint scheme would be more prosaic (though I have yet to come across any examples that followed the paint scheme as specified).



Comments

Popular Posts